Sunday, May 11, 2008

Brazilian Caipirinha

By Bruno Barros

Difficulty: Very Easy
Cost: $1-$50

"Caipirinha." I think this word is in the mouth of everyone in the world when it comes to Brazilian drinks. Made primarily with cachaça and lemon, the Caipirinha is certainly the best known internationally. So, let's make one.


Ingredients

1 lemon
2 ounces of cachaça
4 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
Ice cubes


Method of preparation

  1. Wash the lemon.
  2. Cut the lemon into pieces and put them in a container.
  3. Add the sugar in the same container with the pieces of lemon.
  4. Crush them to extract the juice (use a tool similar to that in the image).
  5. Add some cubes of ice.
  6. Add the cachaça.
  7. And finally, shake to mix the ingredients.

Serve the Caipirinha in a low and wide cup with pieces of lemon and a straw. Enjoy it and please be careful. Drink moderately.

FAQs

  1. I can't find cachaça where I live. May I still prepare this drink? Answer: Yes!! You can use vodka or rum instead of cachaça.
  2. May I use other kinds of fruits? Answer: Yes!! You can try this drink with kiwi, pitanga, acerola, caja, strawberry and so on. They are very good, too.
http://www.howtodothings.com/food-drink/how-to-prepare-a-brazilian-caipirinha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey dude... you share my image host in my blog?

Link me, all right?

Cheers!